Sunday, May 6, 2012

love liberates

I was watching a special edition of "Oprah's Master Class" on OWN tonight and Maya Angelou spoke what, for me, was a very timely message. I love when I get to hear that woman speak. Her wisdom and words come out as poetry. And the calm certainty with which she speaks them is always a reassuring comfort.

What touched me this evening:

You see, Love liberates.
It doesn't bind. Love says,
I love you.

I love you if you're in China.
I love you if you're across town.
I love you if you're in Harlem.
I love you!

I would like to be near you.
I'd like to have your arms around me.
I'd like to hear your voice in my ear.
But that's not possible now.
So I love you. Go.

Love liberates. 
It doesn't just hold.
That's ego.

Love liberates.

- Maya Angelou
"Oprah's Master Class"

No comments:

Post a Comment