Sunday, May 1, 2011

smile-type thoughts

I have been given the "Stylish Blogger Award" from my friend, Tracy, author of Cooked Heads - a blog that if you haven't yet checked it out, go ahead and do. It's humorous and rich, and makes me smile every time I visit. Hers is one of the precious few blogs that I have in my Reader - and that is so for a reason. Quite a few reasons, actually. So go check it out and you'll soon have plenty of your own!

Though my blog isn't about "style," with "stylus" as a base, she felt confident in passing the award over to me, anyway - and I truly appreciate it. Assuring the recipients there's nothing we need to do in order to accept it, other than hopefully think "smile" type thoughts, I wanted to respond anyway. It could be called the "Stylish Blogger Award" or "Randall" or "Juanita" - it just doesn't matter - because any award that I'm given, the way I see it, comes from, and is all about, spreading the love. They usually come with different rules (or suggestions?) for accepting, though I never quite follow them. Instead, like I'm doing now, I direct people to the blogs on my "Favorites" list and tell you that they are the ones that I read and love and feel are worthy of countless awards. And our time.

Thank you, Tracy! Just so you know, with or without an award, Cooked Heads (or your life/adventure/party/trip - Spirit! - in other words) never fails to bring me smile-type thoughts. That's just what you do.

Rule/Suggestion:

Seven factoids about yours truly:

1. I like crushed ice.

2. I wear size 11 tennis shoes.

3. Often I will claim that I don't like a food I've never even tried.

4. I have an oscillating fan blowing on me pretty much year round, regardless of the temperature.

5. Someone I knew in elementary school, that I wasn't particularly close to, has been a recurring character in many spiritually significant dreams that I've had over the past 20 years.

6. I loved Nick at Nite in the early- to mid-90's. I stayed up late at my dad's on the weekend and would watch all those classic shows from back in the day: Patty Duke, Bewitched, Dobie Gillis, Donna Reed, Dick Van Dyke, Mister Ed, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Green Acres, etc.

7. Eyes closed, right before sleep, is my favorite time of day.



3 comments:

  1. I agree with Tracy: your blog is indeed stylish. There are many ways to be stylish and style is of depth and meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know very very much more about your number five too! spill, boy :P

    ReplyDelete