Monday, April 4, 2011

rsvp

Saturday, I sent off my RSVP for Simone's and Oliver's wedding. I said I'd be there. Indicated 2 guests. So, apparently I'm going. And apparently, I'm going to ask someone to go as my date. At first I imagined that just getting myself to go alone would be task enough, but as time passes and Experience encourages me to reconsider things, I've been thinking it would be more fun - and enriching - to have someone accompany me. I've had an idea of who I might ask, but I want to wait and feel Simone out a little bit before I actually invite my intended.

I have to admit, I'm kind of excited! As I sit and think about it from the safe distance of a little under three weeks away, I'm looking and I can't find any nervousness right now. All of the trepidation I've felt is nowhere to be found. If it comes, it comes. But for now, I'm genuinely happy just watching the visions that appear every now and then of my beautiful friend as she walks down the aisle. 

6 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! I feel as if this is a defining moment for you, as if you are crossing a threshold, or maybe shedding an old skin that no longer fits. In any case I think you will be so glad you went, no matter how it ultimately turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne, I think you're right. It feels that way to me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so exciting to watch. Thank you so much for letting us all see it all unfold. Do you ever feel like all the Universe is conspiring to help us as a species evolve at once?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'm grateful you're here alongside while it does. Really. And yes, it's All for all of us - I'm sure of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo!! Can't wait to see what happens :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too, Deb. I don't know what it's gonna look like - but it's gonna be good!

    ReplyDelete