Tuesday, March 8, 2011

sweet baby universe

Last summer, two of my loved ones welcomed a baby in to their family. This past week I had the opportunity to visit the little one - and this time, I actually took it. She is such a sweet baby girl!

Babies, children, animals. They offer the rest of us their priceless, inherent wisdom. They perpetually inhabit the moment, and are perpetually looking for something Good, always expecting to find it. Which is a practice I know we'd all be wise to follow. Well, I'll just speak for myself: I know that I would be wise to follow.

I'm not sure how long I was there exactly, maybe an hour or two - and I couldn't keep my eyes off of her the entire time. You can look into a baby's eyes and see their timeless, cosmic Selves shining through. It's an interesting, entertaining set-up to watch vast Mind operating through, or as, such a cute little package. Spirit's little body exploring its limits, reacquainting itself with supposed time and space, beholding everything in such a curious, receptive way. The perpetual student.

You know something that keeps such a big smile plastered on your face has got to be Good.

1 comment:

  1. I know just what you mean. I took my brand new niece to a quiet place where I told her never to forget what she was, and I apologized in advance that we'd try to make her forget, but said,
    "Don't you ever let us."

    ReplyDelete