Friday, January 21, 2011

word cloud

I read a cool post this morning over at Almost All The Truth in which the author was reflecting on the power of words. She gave us a really important reminder, I think, in that the words we speak and the thoughts we habitually give our attention to, really do make a difference in our lives. And like this author - yeah, I know: I totally lifted her idea - I went to Wordle and entered in my blog's URL to create a word cloud that illustrates by size just how often certain words are used. And I love that "practice" and "love" would appear biggest. A large part of how we choose to express ourselves to the Universe comes through our words, and that's pretty big. So, thanks to the author of Almost All The Truth for the cool post idea!


You can go to Wordle and make your own. I like words themselves (regardless of their definitions): how they look and the sounds they make - so this little deal was right up my alley. I'm apparently not skillful or clever enough to figure out how to make the image clearer - but you get the idea.

8 comments:

  1. Neat, I'll have to try that.

    Happy ICLW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cool! I blogged about this wordle thing a couple years ago, and made one my my daughter with all the qualities I saw in her. but I didn't know you could enter an url, and I can't wait to go check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Karen: Making one of your daughter is such a sweet idea. Yeah, go make one! I'd like to see one for Postcards from Nowhere.

    @ runnyyolk: Happy ICLW! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thanks for the comment on my blog.....swinging back atchya from ICLW. THIS is a fantastic idea! And, of course, when I did it, the biggest word was "Bailey." :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is pretty neat. I've seen a couple of others and tried it myself -- quite interesting to see what stands out.

    Stopping by from ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the link back to my blog! I love your Wordle- practice, love, moment... all wonderful words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for commenting on my blog yesterday.. This is a great idea. I need to try it... Sadly, I think I have a good idea of what words will show up in my cloud. I use some so often....

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is me running to wordle.. i may be annoyed later when i don't get anything done due to my new addiction :P

    ReplyDelete