Thursday, October 14, 2010

joining the comment orgy

Mel, aka Lollipop Goldstein, over at Stirrup Queens came up with the cool idea of International Comment Leaving week. IComLeavWe - Clever, right?

From her website: "Blogging is a conversation and comments should be honoured and encouraged. I like to say that comments are the new hug–a way of saying hello, giving comfort, leaving congratulations."

I think that's so right on. It's a "little" way of reaching out to a fellow human, letting them know that they're being heard. I don't blog for the comments, necessarily, but I do love them; they are wonderful to receive. It's an amazing feeling when someone lets me know that something I've written or something from my own life has brought them even a speck of amusement or knowing or discernment. I'm grateful - and astonished! - every single time. So, if we can help pass this feeling along to others, I say "let's do it!"

I love how she likens a blog comment to a hug! It does feel like that! So in order to spread the love, she came up with International Comment Leaving Week, which is from the 21st of each month to the 28th. On the first of each month, bloggers and/or readers submit their name and site to the list, and then starting on the 21st, each one listed is encouraged to check out the blogs on the list and leave at least five comments and one reply comment each day.

Autism Mom Rising wrote about this last week, which is how I heard about it. I've never done it before, so I'm looking forward to it. As of right now, there are 123 blogs on the list, so there should be plenty of new people and experiences to read about. It should be cool! Here's the link if you want to read more about it and join in: http://www.stirrup-queens.com/2008/06/icomleavwe/.

4 comments:

  1. Tee hee, I love how you titled that! Yes, comments are nice. There was a period of time when I didn't blog for something like 7 months. It is a lot of work and I don't always have the time. But, I kept getting comments in Mandarin from people in Hong Kong telling me that they appreciated my blog. I translated them on BabbleFish. That inspired me to make the time to write.

    See ya at IWCL. I have a business trip during ICWL so I'll be doing a lot of comments from the Android!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I can't take credit for that. That's how Mel referred to it on one of the pages detailing what ICLW is all about. I thought it was funny too.

    That's so nice that you could touch people from so far away. =)

    I hope you have a good, safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog the other day. I see that you've added Priscilla Ahn to your sidebar playlist! Told you she's awesome! Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I love her!
    Thanks again for the tip.
    It was nice meeting you, too!

    ReplyDelete