Friday, September 17, 2010

shakin'em and savin'em

This November, my dear long time friend, Christan, is going to be participating in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure. Here is an excerpt from an email she sent to explain a little more about it:
In 2010, I'll be participating in a very special event called the Breast Cancer 3-Day.
I'll walk 60 miles over the course of three days with thousands of other women and men. The net proceeds will support breast cancer research, education, screening and treatment through Susan G. Komen for the Cure and the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund.
I've agreed to raise at least $2,300 in donations. I know I can raise even more than that, and have set my personal goal at $5,000. So I need your help. Would you please consider making a donation? Keep in mind how far I'm walking - and how hard I'll have to train. You can donate online at http://www.the3day.org/. Just click Donate Now and search for my personal fundraising page. Or you can go straight to my site or my team's site located below this email. You can also call 800.996.3DAY to donate over the phone. My team is called Shakin'Em & Savin'Em. 
I am walking in memory of my Grandmother Mimi Clark who was a breast cancer survivor.
According to Susan G. Komen for the Cure, more than 200,000 American women will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year, and nearly 40,000 will die from the disease. That’s why I’m walking so far. To do something bold about breast cancer. I hope that you'll share this incredible adventure with me by supporting me in my fundraising efforts.
Thank you in advance for your generosity!
Both of my grandmothers survived breast cancer. While my paternal grandmother is no longer with us, Grams is, and I'm so thankful for that. So, when Christan told me she was going to be participating in the 3 Day, I thought it was awesome and I wanted to help spread the word.

If you're so moved, here is Christan's personal donation link:
http://www.the3day.org/goto/cmorris

Much love, everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment