Thursday, February 11, 2010

i can see spring

I woke up this morning to snow falling on the already whitened ground and rooftops. I went out in the backyard and stood still in the predawn. I just stood and watched; I've not seen flakes so big in a long time. It makes things so serene and bright, the accumulated snow all around; it's rare around here. And it's been falling all throughout the day.

I am not a fan of winter - the deadness of it, the cold. Sky light just shines differently this time of year and I don't find it pretty. I look resentfully at the yellow grass. I wish for the dark days to pass on by and for all the trees to green again.

As it continues coming down, I look out my window and I have to admit that it really is beautiful. Snow is always more charming than I like to give it credit for.

The way I see it, though, winter's greatest gift is its contrast to my favored warm and sunny. It urges me to love spring and summer all the more.

No comments:

Post a Comment