Friday, January 1, 2010

grabbing hold

I love celebrating the new year! Not that I do anything exciting. In fact, for as long as I can remember, I've always rung in the new year by myself. Very seldom are there people around, and even when there are, it's always a quiet affair - and I've always spent the actual striking of midnight in solitude.

But I love what the new year represents! I love the idea of new beginnings, of leaving behind all the things in life that no longer match who you want to be. I love the idea of resolving to be your best self, of choosing differently, of deciding to reconsider what is possible.

Of course, I don't need a new date on the calendar to make a change in my life, granted. A new year and a new life begin every moment, it's true. January 1 is here, though - a new calendar year has begun, so why not take advantage of it? Why not use it as an excuse to conjure freshly?

There's an energy behind it, so I'm gonna go ahead and grab hold.

Now, yes, there is much to be lived between now and then - but even so - I've decided that next year, I'm going to ring in the new year differently. I'm gonna have someone to kiss! I'm gonna see - or set - some fireworks! I'm going to toast; I'm going to laugh; I'm going to dance. There is going to be music and there are going to be souls I can see all around me.

There is going to be a looking back at what I've lived these next twelve months - and there's going to be a me, amazed.

1 comment:

  1. I second this, big time!!!

    There is going to be a looking back at what I've lived these next twelve months - and there's going to be a me, amazed.

    ReplyDelete